The USE IT AGAIN Endowment Fund is recognized as being of public utility, its purpose is the promotion and development of the circular economy.
He received at the beginning of 2019, the high patronage of the Ministry for Ecological Transition and Solidarity for his actions.
How does it work?It can only exist thanks to donors, by individual donations, and by donations from corporate Philanthropist Partners. These donations benefit from tax deductions (cf. Become a donor)
What are the main actions of the Use It Again Fund?
Raising awareness of the circular economy and convincing all stakeholders on our planet that it is essential to change the economic model is the primary objective of USE IT AGAIN.
At a time when we are aware of the climate crisis that threatens our planet, there is an urgent need to change our behavior and our linear economy, to move to a circular economy.
The USE IT AGAIN endowment fund draws on the example of Ellen Mac Arthur's former trimaran, reconditioned according to the principles of the circular economy, and the experience of its skipper / entrepreneur, to raise awareness and educate younger generations, and mobilize decision-makers in their companies.
The participation of USE IT AGAIN in the 2018 Route du Rhum in the ULTIME class marked the start of a vast campaign to promote the circular economy to as many people as possible.
Actions of the Endowment Fund:
- The search for circular economy solutions for the maintenance and optimization of the trimaran
- The highlighting of innovative start-ups for the planet
- The participation of the Circular economy trimaran in major popular races such as the ROUTE DU RHUM, or major records, such as that of the TOUR DU MONDE À L'ENVERS in order to promote and publicize the circular economy, to meet of the greatest number
- The intervention of the skipper in French schools and at conferences on the climate and solutions to the crisis we are experiencing.
- Support for scientific research: Creation of the 1st global ocean cartography during the reverse round-the-world record attempt
Romain Pilliard, skipper of the Ultime USE IT AGAIN, 4th in the Route du Rhum-Destination Guadeloupe 2018 – Pointe a Pitre the 26/11/2018